Maybe you've been holding onto your car, hoping to squeeze a few more thousand miles out of it. Perhaps, it's paid off, and you don't want to incur an additional monthly bill. It could be, you're worried your credit may keep you from getting a car loan. How do you know when it's time to start looking for a new vehicle? Here are 5 signs it may be time to start car shopping.
- Your current vehicle is no longer safe. Anytime your safety is compromised, it's time to think seriously about upgrading. If your car stalls unexpectedly or breaks down regularly, you could be putting yourself and others at risk.
- Repair costs are growing. Most of the time, it's cheaper to fix an older car instead of buying a newer one. However, if you continue to dump money into repairs regularly, purchasing something more modern and reliable, might be your best option.
- Your lifestyle is changing. If you drive a two-door sports coupe and you've decided to start a family, that vehicle will no longer work for your lifestyle. If you take a new job and have to drive a longer distance, you may need a car with better gas mileage. Sometimes you have to change your vehicle based on what's going on in your life.
- The interior and exterior are falling apart. If your sunroof is leaking, the fabric on the seats is torn, and the exterior is rusting, it's time to upgrade to a newer vehicle. Since you spend so much time in your car, at the very least, it should be clean and comfortable.
- Your car will no longer pass emissions tests. If your vehicle doesn't pass environmental emissions tests, it is a clear sign it is outdated. Older car models do not have the technology necessary to keep the air clean. Some motorists will not even be allowed to take an emissions test based on the age of their car.
If you are ready to upgrade to a newer vehicle, visit Hometown Auto to check out our latest inventory. With locations in High Point and Winston Salem, we are confident you'll find something that suits your needs and your budget. We offer quality vehicles with low down payments and affordable monthly payments, regardless of your credit history. Visit us today!