Although it's just a number, your credit score is important. To get a loan from most institutions, you have to have good credit. If you've been thinking about ways to boost your credit score, we've got you covered. Here are some suggestions from Hometown Auto that will help.
- Build a positive credit history. At Hometown Auto, we offer quality vehicles with low down payments and affordable monthly payments, regardless of your credit history. If you buy from us, you will build up a positive credit history to benefit your financial future.
- Pay down credit card balances. If you have multiple credit cards, try to consolidate them to manage your debt better. One major thing that affects your credit score is how much revolving credit you have versus how much credit you use. Aim for a small percentage to boost your score.
- Pay your bills on time. If you don't pay your bills on time, your credit will suffer. Get yourself on a schedule and stick to it. Do not add onto your monthly statements unless you have room in your budget.
- Don't do anything that indicates risk. Taking a cash advance, charging a lot more, or paying a lot less, will raise a red flag to creditors.
- Leave good debt on your report. A history of paying off debt looks good on your credit report. If you've had a solid repayment record, leave it on your statement, as it can improve your credit score.
If you're looking to upgrade your vehicle and improve your credit score at the same time, visit us at Hometown Auto. With two convenient locations in High Point and Winston Salem, we can help you find something that fits your needs and budget. Our goal is to get you in a safe and reliable vehicle, while we help to build your credit. Come see us today!