For many, tailgating is just as fun as watching the game. Getting together with friends, wearing your team jersey, and sharing in some of your favorite foods and drinks, is something to look forward to all week. If you're planning to host your own tailgate party before the next big game, here are some tips to prep your vehicle for the fun.
- Invest in a hitch and cargo carrier to haul everything. Unless you have a big truck with a lot of room, you are going to need space for a BBQ, tents, tables, chairs, dishes, food and drinks, etc. This way, big or small, you'll have a way to transport everything you'll need.
- Make sure you have extra juice to keep the party rolling. From powering your smartphone and blender to your flat screen TV, you'll need a power inverter to avoid having a dead battery post-game.
- Bring along wireless speakers to enhance the tailgating experience. Whether you want to listen to the radio or the commentary before kick-off, speakers will allow your crew to hear everything.
- Pack an air compressor in your trunk. It's a good idea to make sure your tires have the correct amount of pressure, especially if you will be towing extra weight, but in the event you get a flat, use the compressor to get back in action.
- Put together a tailgate toolbox to store in your vehicle. Include all the essentials such as jumper cables, USB cables, a wrench, screwdriver, hammer, and a cigarette lighter adapter. Throw in anything else you might need to ensure a memorable and safe tailgating experience.
Prepping your vehicle for a tailgate party is relatively easy and inexpensive. If you cook as much as possible at home and pack ahead of time, you'll enjoy the experience much more. The icing on the cake would be a win for your favorite team!