The New Year is the perfect time to make some positive changes in your life. Whether it's healthy eating, saving money, or taking better care of your car, a good plan that's easy to execute and maintain is vital. Here are some car care resolutions that will help extend your vehicle's life and improve its performance.
- Schedule seasonal tune-ups in advance. By having your car maintained regularly, a trained mechanic can spot potential problems quickly, before they become costly repairs.
- Keep it clean. Take some time to thoroughly vacuum the interior, wipe down the surfaces, and wash the exterior. You will not only feel better driving your clean vehicle, you will be protecting its resale value.
- Check your tire pressure. Review your owner's manual or look for the sticker on the inside of your driver side door for optimal tire pressure. Driving with the right tire pressure will extend the life of your tires, improve your gas mileage, and keep you safe. Plan to check your tires monthly.
- Schedule regular oil changes as recommended by the manufacturer. It's also a good idea to check your oil every few weeks to make sure your engine is well lubricated and clean.
- Pay attention to fluids. Just as you need to stay hydrated, so does your vehicle. In addition to motor oil, stay on top of coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid by checking them monthly.
As you embark on the New Year, aim for success. List out manageable goals and follow through with them. By including car maintenance in your resolutions, you will reap the benefits for years to come.